Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update!

Hi everyone! It's been so long since I've written one of these I hope I remember how!

Since I've last written quite a bit has happened, so I'll try to update you on the main points.

Swan Lake! What a blast! It was so much fun returning to the ballet for a second time (and Act III for a third time). I got quite nostalgic during Act III, especially because it's the first ballet I danced with the company my apprentice year. I even wore the same red boots for Czardas Lead that I wore for Czardas Corps back when I was 18.

As always, Neapolitan was the highlight for me. I've danced it all 3 times we've done Act III and it's always so much fun! What makes it even better is that I got to dance it with the fantastic Anne Mueller. Anne is who I learned, and performed it with, my apprentice year. I remember being so nervous for that show. Here I was, an apprentice, dancing with Anne Mueller (having grown up here I had been watching her dance since she came here), but it was a great deal of fun in the end. Here's a shot from Neapolitan my apprentice year (Photo Cred: Christian Johnson):


After Swan ended I spent a week in Portland, Maine with my father visiting family. We're currently on a 3 week layoff, and so it was a perfect opportunity for me to go see Grandma, etc. I had never been to New England in the fall, and the leaves were amazing. Staying at a house on the beach wasn't too bad either. :-).

The last bit of news is that I'm going to be an ambassador for Lululemon Athletica this year. As some of you may know, Alison Roper was one last year, and now the proverbial torch has been passed to me! I'm extremely excited to represent 2 great companies, and help bring ballet and top of the line athletic clothing to the community.

Yesterday was my photo shoot for my Lululemon Ambassador poster. It took place on the St. Johns bridge and we couldn't have asked for better weather. Adrian came to help me with poses and to help make sure the pictures were looking accurate from a balletic standpoint. I don't think it would have gone nearly as well without him. Here's a shot that he got:

Here's a shot of Fry and I afterward:


Well, I think that's it for now. Hope you have all been able to enjoy the amazing weather we've been having!

-Steven

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Lululemon Steven! That is so awesome - you will be a great ambassador indeed! :) Love the pics and your blog as always. See you in class!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete