Monday, June 9, 2008

The end is in sight!

Well, as Adrian mentioned, we closed our season yesterday (although for some of us we still have  a bit more work to do... something about Washington D.C.). All day yesterday I kept thinking about all the growth I've gone through in the past season, and in the past few years since joining OBT. It's been such an amazing time, and I've gotten to do so much. I've worked for and with some truly amazing people and wouldn't change most of it for anything. It's really hard to put into words all the gratitude I feel towards everyone who has helped me along the way. This season has been one of so many opportunities for me, and if a year ago I had been told I would have been dancing all this, I wouldn't have believed them. It almost makes me want to bypass summer entirely and just get right on with Swan Lake (well, maybe in a week or 2). 

I know the break will do my body a lot of good, but the beginning of summer is always so bizarre for me. I get so used to seeing everyone from OBT everyday that all of a sudden it feels like time stops and I'm holding my breath until I get to hang out and play around with all my friends on a daily basis again. I mean, of course we all see each other from time to time, but not with the frequency that I've become accustomed to over the 9 months of the season. On top of that, summer always feels very nebulous. I have some plans, but nothing very concrete. I'm so used to my days being scheduled for me that once I'm in charge of it I just don't really know how to fill all that time. It feels very daunting. 

So, my summer goals are to teach as much as I can. Make new friends and reconnect with some old ones. Try at least one new dancewear pattern. Possibly work with Adrian on putting together some video logs for all of you about the goings on at OBT. I've been thinking about trying to improve my German. And above all else, try to keep you all updated on what it's like for us in the off season! 

Well, I need to get back to cleaning and packing and all that fun stuff. I'm going to do my best to blog daily about our DC trip and include tons of photos!

Here's a picture my friend Jessica Flores took backstage during Rubies. That ballet was what we call a "gut-buster". It's one of the most exhausting things I've ever danced, but also one of the most fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment