Mia recently asked me if I had seen the Late Show with David Letterman years ago when artists from the New York City Ballet aided Dave in the delivery of his famous Top Ten List. I hadn’t seen the episode, but I was able to find the list in the Late Show archives. It’s from April 8, 1996.
The Top Ten Things a Ballerina Would Never Say:
10) You gonna finish those cheese fries?
9) I can’t get the chewing tobacco stains out of my unitard
8) I’m loopy from all the spinning
7) My dream is to do a ballet version of “Smokey and the Bandit”
6) Baseball players can scratch themselves. Why can’t we?
5) I don’t know which I love more – “
4) When I have to jump really high, I pretend there’s a ferret biting me in the butt
3) I love the Quizstar 5000!
2) Hey girls – let’s go beat the heck out of some opera singers
1) I’ll have what Rush is having
Some of these are rather dated, but enjoyable still.