Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hi all!

Whew! Sorry it’s been so long since my last post, but my summer became very busy out of nowhere.

I’ve been teaching a fair amount, which has been nice, but exhausting. It’s like an hour and a half of walking around, talking, and dancing (without really being warmed up). I often find myself demonstrating things on my good side and so the next day I feel completely lopsided because only half of me got a work-out.

I’ve been reading a little, and trying to be outside as much as possible. I’ve been taking classes at the school’s summer program, and 2 of the boys from level 4 and I went to the Gorge and ended up accidentally doing the 12 mile, round-trip, Devil’s Rest hike... It killed our legs, but was well worth it for the view.

Some of the new company members have started to trickle into town, and it’s been fun meeting the people who I’ll be dancing with next season. We’ve only got about 3 weeks now until OBT exposed, and I don’t know about my co-workers, but I’m feeling ready to get back to work.

I’m sorry this post has been so short, and some-what scattered, but it’s hard to sort through a month’s worth of activity and find the interesting, and ballet related, stuff. I’m about to start sewing some shorts and leotards, so soon I’ll make a sort of “Anatomy of a Leotard” post.

Hope you’re all having a fantastic summer!

Steven

Ed, Ian, and I:

View from the top:

No comments:

Post a Comment