Sunday, June 15, 2008

Final Thoughts.

(Class this morning with Boston Ballet, Joffrey Ballet, and Oregon Ballet Theatre)

So, I told Adrian he could write about today since he got yesterday and had not yet been able to write about a show day. I had some plans but, fair is fair. :-). And, since he'll also be writing about the trip home tomorrow since I will be staying in D.C. until Friday with my family, I thought I would just write a sort of wrap-up reflection on my time here.

This has without a doubt been one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I do realize at the age of twenty-two that is quite a statement to make, but I feel fairly certain it won't change. I've met some really incredible people on this trip and seen some truly inspiring dancers and dancing. It gives me such hope for the future of ballet in America. I feel like I have gotten a glimpse of where we are currently and where, as a country, we are going with this art form.

Since my last blog was so long I promised myself I would try and keep this short and to the point(e) (sorry everyone for the novel I posted on Saturday, anyone can tell you I loooove to talk). So, I just want to finish by saying a huge "Thank You" to everyone who has helped us in any way to make this trip a reality. Everyone at the Kennedy Center for being so helpful. All the other companies for being so kind and being such amazing artists. The staff of OBT for doing all the behind the scenes work to make this trip run so smoothly. And finally, to all of our fans, old and new, for being so supportive. You are all such a large part of what makes our successes possible. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'll try to continue to blog throughout the summer. I think I'm going to see Pilobolus perform at Wolf Trap on Tuesday, so that's a blog right there. Take care everyone!

Steven

(Ansa and I after the performance of RUSH this afternoon)

No comments:

Post a Comment