Thursday, May 22, 2008

OUCH!

So, I'm in Rubies rehearsal today, dancing around with Yuka, and I do an off balance movement, my foot feels kind of weird, I stop moving for a second and... PAIN!

I'm not really sure what happened yet, but I know I feel nervous. I just got home from seeing the wonderful Dr. Zeller (she's a great doc, one of the ballet's biggest fans, and always there when one of us needs her) and it doesn't seem like it's anything wrong with my metatarsals, so hopefully it's just some soft-tissue inflammation/irritation. I'm going to get P.T. tomorrow morning, and then take the day off. I haven't missed a day of rehearsal since I started dancing here, so I'm not too worried about them being upset over that. Not that they would get upset, it's just they worry when a performance is nearing, and someone has to miss rehearsal. Anyway, I've just gotten a bottle of red wine and waaay too much chinese food and I am preparing to ice and elevate my poor foot.

Other goings on in OBT land: Jon Drake is unfortunately out for this rep due to an ankle injury, so we've had to hire Chauncey Parsons to come and dance Raymonda Corps/Soloists (I'm not entirely sure what we are in Raymonda) and Rubies Lead with Kathi. Chauncey currently dances with The Washington Ballet in Washington D.C. and he's a really nice guy. So, we're glad to have him around! Other than that, I think everything has been taught for this rep (I'm not positive about Tolstoy, but if it's not done I think it's close) and so now we're just cleaning everything. I was supposed to start learning someone's part in Tolstoy's Waltz tomorrow, and I'll still be there watching all my rehearsals, so I'll keep you all posted on that.

Anyway, I'm going to go watch a movie and eat my food and ice my foot.

Please send good thoughts my way!

~Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment